Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh me, oh my and new beginnings

In an effort to make a website where I could speak knowledgeably and emphatically about something, I picked the only topic I could think of on which to proselytize: circus.

A little background perhaps? Maybe a lump of sugar? I've been obsessed with circus since high school, when I first started learning flying trapeze. I went on to learn juggling, some minimal acrobatics and several aerial acts. I recently left a circus school where I was working as an aerial acrobatics instructor, facilities manager, volunteer performer and general student. I've met up with some social circus groups in the US and have been able to watch (and occasionally help out) as well as generally experience the programs that are out there. Currently, I am working on achieving a masters degree in circus for social change (don't even ask how someone is willing to impart such an honor on me, it's just kind of happening).

So expect future posts regarding circus reviews, circus movies, circus schools, circus movements, circus acts and other such relative nonsense which may or may not interest you. If you have a circus question, I'll try my best to answer it - though not an expert, I am an aficionado. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment